Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Saturday 29 January 2022

Mr Mentalist

Mr Mentalist please, can u let me get out of my bed,
Mr Depression has called and I want 2 go back 2 the dreams that I had.
He always calls when I fail, and makes me wish I was dead.
Please Mr Mentalist please, can you let me rest my own head.

But now I've dragged myself up I'm freaky deaking right out,
Old friend Mr Anxiety has visited n given me a hard sharp clout.
Please Mr Mentalist can u give me some pills to calm my self-doubt,
I can't find my phone or keys and I'm flipping right out.

I go from zero to a hundred in a flick of an eye,
People think I'm crazy mazy when they hear me swear n cry.
All I wanted to do was get my laptop 2 work n comply,
But now I'm a swearing freak and people look at me n sigh.

Oh please Mr Mentalist can you sort out my paranoid feelings,
I keep hearing ppl on mute just thinking I'm not worth dealing.
All I want is someone to come n give me some proper mental healing,
But I don't trust nobody to come in here n walk out without stealing.

I know the old rhyme, that Paranoia will destroy ya,
But I hear silent ppl on my screen bitching and laughing "ha ha".
I got that feeling that all the ppl r just looking at me jotting all my flaws,
I can't relax at all, n my paranoid shoulder monkey is ripping, bear claw.

So please Mr Mentalist, can you do me a massive favour,
I got the schizo twitcho ithcos, with no sign of a saviour.
Leaves r raining down with flashing lights n my mind is all misbehaviour,
I'm scared I'll do something crazy n stupid, and I need a lifesaver.

All the shrinks say I'm just screwed up and they can't even help,
I'm ashamed to be ashamed, coz I just wanna it all dealt.
I get letter after letter saying I need to do my own self-help,
If I could sort my own crazy out, I would have if I could have, but it's pure agony to self.

So please Mr Mentalist can you make people understand me,
That I ain't angry on purpose and I just want people to like me.
It's seeming more n more like this world don't have a place for me,
And for anyone to relate it's 2 late, I'm just a thorn on a big mad tree.


© 2022 All Rights Reserved Robert Reid


This is also published on the Mary Francis Trust Website for their Mental Health, Time To Talk Day > https://www.maryfrancestrust.org.uk/poem-mr-mentalist/






Please share these links......

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That is amazing. You have such a talent for expressing your thoughts, memories and feelings in verse , Rob. Keep it up. I look forward to reading your stuff each week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully Michele will use it for whatever she is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been published on the Mary Francis Trust website I've put a link at the bottom but don't know how long it will be up for..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have added the links in to the page as well as embedding the Facebook and Twitter posts so that you can directly Like, Retweet or Follow me from here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you mental>>>????

    ReplyDelete