Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Thursday 10 February 2022

Time..

Time was always too short to do my best,

Time is too hectic, now my head is a mess.

Time is almost gone, I can only do less,

Time, I think is coming, to have that long rest.

The clock ticks quick, and my heart sweats blood darts.

When is now or the future, and when was the past?

The time I spent was wasted, I wished it hadn't passed,

Time was a cruel mistress, its hand full of crushed glass.

Because time is shorter than a piece of string,

And time is longer than a child’s bike ring.

Time goes quick when my head is in a spin,

My time on earth were scribbles, its history too thin.

Time, I thought was always going to be a blast,

Time, I now know that my best hours have passed.

Time, I try to savour, but it always flies too fast,

Time, the passing of is quick, only my reactions last.

See time is nothing but a human conception,

And time is naught but different human perceptions.

See time is the cruellest, and the most evil deception,

My time's nearly all gone, God, please can I be the exception?


© 2022 – All Rights Reserved Rob Reid - Competition Winner


This won The Creative Writing Groups bi-monthly Competition for Best Poem Feb 2022

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Rob. I can so easily read that again and again. For me it is filled with experience and innocence "a hand filled with crushed glass" and "a child's bike ring" it made me smile and sad. I thought it was humble (the last line "plea") disparate and honest. "My life on earth were scribbles, its history to thin" love that line so poignant. Brilliant. Thanks for sharing. Anil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anil, glad you liked it, your the only one whose commented so I didn't know if anyone did or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob, that is a brilliant piece of writing. It belongs in a poetry book, as do all your poems. It makes me sad but I am proud of you, that you are able to share your emotions in such a clever way. Keep on writing and sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Poem, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete