Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Monday 7 March 2022

Recovery

Recovery, what does it mean to me?

A too far away finish line, that I never see.

Just scripts of meds, and pills before bed,

Something strong and bitter, to calm my head.

Recovery, what does it mean to you?

That look of disdain, when I fail to tie my shoe,

Or the look of disgust, when I look confused.

And paranoid chuckles behind backs, I'm not amused!

But recovery is not a finished act or line,

It's a constant struggle, with pitfalls over time.

It's just a long windy road, that never ends,

A lifelong path, full of twists and bends.

Coz recovery is a long personal daydream,

It starts and stops, a flowing backward stream.

Hard and tough, and too many days I've had enough,

My recovery needs to escape, these mental handcuffs.


© 2022 All Rights Reserved Robert Reid

1 comment: