Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Wednesday 17 March 2021

Money....

Money, money, money,

Money, money, money,

I never, ever ever, got nuff money, 

Always needing more, more n more money

N I when I need it most, I can't get no money.

What do you do you do, when u got no money?

You get in debt, ur friends get funny.

I want some tasty food, n I wanna a full belly,

But I need those tings, dat cost more money.

I need more money, who cares if the weathers sunny,

My mind is fixed, on getting dat money.

I need those meds, that cost so much money,

N I'd like to drink that juice, dat cost much money.

I used 2 drink dat strong cider, that cost little money,

Still wallet got blankn my tummy got scummy.

I need dem good pills, but the doctor won't fund me,

So I have to beg, pls Sir, spend some cash on me.

Parents think I'm scum, coz I always ask 4 money,

But to wake up not feeling sick, costs lots of money.

So those things ur told 2 buy, that cost chunks of money,

I wish I could scrub, coz I got no money.

But I jus can't stop, coz my nose is very runny,

And this world is made of debt, n debt is real money,

Food costs money, n tools cost money.

We could all share tings, but ppl think that's funny,

Look at me n stare, as if I'm a Red Commie,

Try n explain, that we don't need fiat currency,

The Gov won't allow it, coz they want r debt money,

And Bank of England, jus prints funny money.

Crypto currency, n decentralised money,

If I cud hack ur computer, I cud mine more money.

Tories are scum, n Labour aint honey,

No party rep me, they all want more money.

Income tax was supposed 2 b, 4 one war only,

But then it stuck around, coz Gov's blag was phoney.

VAT tax, and inheritance money,

It all goes to the top, n they love taking r money.

I want to stick around, but every day costs more money,

N if I want to live, I need much more money.

So what do I do if I can't get more money?

I go n rob n bank, 2 steal back my own money.

Then I'm put away, coz stealing aint funny,

Is a noose round my neck, da only way 2 pay back money?


© 2021 – All Rights Reserved - Robert Reid


Inspired by poem by Benjamin Zephaniah - "Money"



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2TiNi9w-XE

No comments:

Post a Comment