Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Tuesday 2 March 2021

My mother used to tell me....

My mother used to teach, n she taught me to always ask teachers why?

So I went off to senior school, and started to make Religious teachers cry.

Shut up, don't ask questions, there's just a powerful man sitting in the sky,

But how I'd say, explain to me, I wanted answers but the teachers couldn't comply.

Though in History class it was the single one, I never used to muck around.

My teacher was enthusiastic, and all our topics were ground n sound.

JFK conspiracies, CIA coups, interest was mine n very profound.

A star in exams I got, coz my essays were based on true historical background.

So then I did Media Studies at college, as I wanted to speak the real truth,

But got expelled within 3 months at 6th form, by undercover blue.

So to tech college I went, to be taught about media owner bias, n writing to their tune.

N suddenly I realised I wouldn't be able 2 write what I could, so my plans lay in ruins.

So that's why I blog so much, coz I can tell the story I want and everyone should see.

It's got me kicked off multiple platforms, n even had the US Army cease n desist me.

I tell the truth to power as much as I can, and stick 2 fingers up to authority.

But when I try to discuss all this with my Mum now, all she wants do is drink her tea.


© 2021 – All Rights Reserved - Robert Reid 

1 comment: