Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Sunday 12 September 2021

The Windy Road

It isn't easy, getting out my bed,

It isn't easy, getting out my head.

The shit you do, the shit you say,

It isn't easy, forgetting what you said.

The life I lead, might not b the life you'd tread,

The path I follow, can be one I often dread.

The shit I say, the shit I move, the shit I loot,

Ain't always the best steps, for me to head.

It isn't easy, remembering all the times I bled,

It isn't easy, chatting my shit, to the well read.

The things peeps yap, the life long tab,

I'd rather not be in debt, when I'm finally dead.

That windy road I see, seems to go on far far ahead.

That windy road I walk, cud easily carve me up, brown bread,

The ppl alongside, the odd good joyride.

That windy road, might lead me somewhere else, totally instead....


© 2021 All Rights Reserved Rob Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment