Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Saturday 23 November 2002

Private Record

This private record,

It plays for me,

No-one else.

The words have special  meanings,

Only I can hear.

Everyone else is just blinded by the noise.

Only I can understand,

The hidden meaning of the band.

The secret message is getting me going,

Winding me up.

How do they fucking know?

Why are they singing this about me?

I turn around to see if anyone has noticed.

They haven’t.

Its safe, for a while.

I have received the message and noted mentally,

Every single word that was meant for me.

Now I turn it off.

I don’t want anyone else to hear,

My secret song, my hidden fear.


© 2002 All Rights Reserved Robert Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment