Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Sunday 22 September 2024

Flash Fiction - Don't

Don't" Laura begged, her lovely long blonde locks flowing in the cool night wind. She wanted me to stay but I knew I couldn’t. 

She'd cheated on me for the last time. I couldn't keep on forgiving her; this was the last time. She had to understand how how much pain she had caused.

"Don't" a teary-eyed Laura pleaded once more, her hand gripped my arm ever more tightly. 

However, I had already decided to let her go, and watched as she faded away into the dark sky, clutching and grabbing frantically at empty air.


© 2024 - All Rights Reserved - Robert Reid


This was my competition entry into a 100 word Flash Competition 

1 comment: