Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Sunday 10 January 2021

The Deer...

I saw a magnificent creature I did,

A deer in the cold night's air, I swear.

One minute nothing but darkness and air,

and then the magnificent creature was suddenly there.

It stood in the dark, eyes pinned by the light,

standing tall and majestic, alone in the night.

Then I rammed it at 30mph or more,

I felt it's poor head pummel my cars side door.

I stopped the car to help the creature I swear,

but the creature was gone, no animal to help was there.

It must have fled into the woods to die,

a broken neck, all alone to cry.

I would have broken that neck if I could,

to spare that creature dying alone in the woods.

But the magnificent creature that was there, was no more,

I had killed that creature, with my foot to the floor.


© 2020 – All Rights Reserved - Robert Reid



No comments:

Post a Comment