Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Monday 4 April 2022

Alone

Alone again, with blood sweat stains,

That drug inside, makes me happy to abide.

I'm swimming in debt, def a bad bet, 

Deep red vein pool, drunk as a fool.

Rolling in sweat, cluck aint over yet, 

I want to be free, n happy to be me.

Smiling with lies, dry tears in my eyes, 

Feeling the pain, I'm in that dark hole again.

People are around, I can hear their sounds, 

But they're happy to be, happy without me.

I lie in my bed, sometimes wish I was dead, 

But time it would take, this life is a fake.

So I fake that smile, it comes easy in a while, 

Time spend lying, but inside I'm crying.

Coz lonely as I am, friends don't come in a can

I got nowhere to be, nothing interesting to see.

I'm lying alone, no ring from my phone, 

I wish I was I was fun, I wish for some sun.

I want happy to be, with good friends around me,

But lonely I am, and alone I stand.

 

© 2022 All Rights Reserved Robert Reid

1 comment: