Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Friday, 26 June 2026

Heat

I can't stand this heat,

Got Cancer on the beat.

My socks and pants are soggen,

Sweat drenched, ass n feet.


I can't move I'm frazzled,

A statue, no1 wud be dazzled.

Stuck still to my duvet,

N I'm wishing I was razzled. 


My temp is higher than outside, 

I got a crumple for a ride. 

Go dizzy every time I get up, 

Kissing carpet, as if I nearly died. 


Dr Pepper's run out, so's my Coke, 

N my Vapes nearly run out of smoke. 

Don't dare to go out the front door, 

Coz I'll blackout, in this hot air choke. 


My neighbours been good to me, 

Helping as I stagger, can hardly see. 

Carrying my bags for me to the door, 

Making sure I don't crumple in a heap. 


Drip drop, sweat drips on my phone, 

From my eyes n nose, my head wets the tone, 

I cannot type the keyboards all wet, 

Can't even call someone, stuck here alone. 


I hate this heat, who would love it, 

Rocking and swaying eyes all sweat blitz, 

I don't want Chemtrails, don't want blue rain, 

Just want a cold shower, n the weather can shove it



© 2026 - All Rights Reserved - Robert Reid

3 comments:

  1. Good poem Rob. Thst heatwave was horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really paint a picture of what the heat was like for you. Horrible heatwave. Good poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! You took me right back to last week. Perfect example of how we all felt in that heatwave! Sticky, wet and bedraggled. Your poem put it into words perfectly. Well done

    ReplyDelete