Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Thursday 24 September 2020

A Prison Ting

He was just a stupid young kid, jobless and broke,

But the prick tries robbing me and I think it's a joke.

Then a shank is produced, I see the blade through the smoke,

So I snap his arm in two and let him sleep in my choke.

Think nothing of it, coz it happens all the time,

But stupid plod cops want to nick me, for a non-crime.

Get a 6 o'clock knock, and see a long blue line,

And I'm remanded to Reading, to wait for court time.

Got nothing in my pockets but I kept a penny cheeked,

Least half an oz passes on visits, from week to week.

Throw cash devils way and he'll give you what you seek,

But guards beam on touching, so we pass cheek to cheek.

Got a smelly cell mate, who don't wash or pull the chain,

And another white yoof, talking black without no shame.

My tackles plugged 24/7, unless the boys have gone to play a game,

So I straighten tin pie wraps to smoke on, til a screw came.

Got a kicking in the cell and batons shave my shins,

A mattress beating at night and cell mates never see a thing.

I poke a screw in the throat and he chokes on my fings,

Then I'm stripped beat n battered, whilst I hear the screws sing.

A month in solitary, and I'm shitting in a hole,

Got roaches for company and a dark hearted soul.

My foods mixed with crushed glass, so I can't eat at all,

All coz a screw got a taste, and a heart black as coal.

Finally I'm acquitted, on a plea of self defence,

But the screw gets me nicked, just on offence.

Thought half the jury, would have sat on the fence,

But they all send me to chokey, to be confined with the dense.

So I'm back to prison, but this time it ain't no remand,

A crime I wouldn't call it, but still the record stands.

Hear that kids bredrins on the wing, shanks pass hands,

And I end up dead in the showers, stabbed on demand.


© 2020 – All Rights Reserved - Robert Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment