Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Tuesday 13 April 2021

The Frozen Man....

Thick red blood,

running down my leg.

The shower looks like an abattoir,

Scalpel in hand,

The abscess erupts like a volcano,

Sending it's red hot blood lava,

shooting against the walls.

Why can I stick my finger,

into the hole so deep?

No nerves exist anymore,

My body is 100% scar tissue.

Blood clots,

Siding down the drain.

Pushing either side,

Squeezing every bit out.

Finally the bleeding stops,

Cleaned and sanitized.

Bandage and antiseptic.

I just wish I had enough blood,

To keep me warm.

I am a frozen man,

don't dare shake my hand.


© 2021 – All Rights Reserved - Robert Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment