Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Sunday 2 May 2021

I overheard....

I overheard, that u were no longer my bird,

U been sleeping around, the thought was absurd.

Then I came home, 2 catch you in my bed,

With another bloke, I wanted him dead.

You were up the duff with my kid, little did I know,

Soon as I was out the picture, he got to watch them grow.

I'd like to to hav a kid, 2 bunk off school n hv a lark.

I'd like to hav a kid, to play wiv me in the park,

I'd like to get to know them, b4 I'm brown bread,

I'd like to 2 hav some1 cry, at my funeral wen I'm dead.

But I can't hv any kids, even tho I might hav a few,

N I can't hav a kid, n it saddens me that's it's true,

I got no money, n no notes for toys,

I got no dolls, or playstations for boys.

If God was real, I'd hv b normal wiv real emotions to feel,

But God must be dead, can't see no truth that he's real.

I wish I had some sense, but it's been battered out my head,

N that's why I won't see my kids, til maybe when we're dead.


© 2021 – All Rights Reserved - Robert Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment