Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Wednesday 13 July 2022

Sounds...

I'm just a listener a passenger to Nirvana,

As my feet walk halls on souls made in China. 

Nevermind the specifics just entertain us, 

My Verve always has a "Lucky Man" ready 2 blame us.

There's always been something in the way,

N I hope Lucifer guesses the nature of his game.

It's a Babyshambles of a Shotters Nation, 

Pale white girls queuing outside disused power stations. 

So just come as you are whether a friend or an enemy,

I swear I don't have a gun just sat ready under my knee.

Coz I'm just an outcast and n anarchist,

I've never been just like the other kids.

So try 2 cut my legs off like King Kunta,

Just don't say I share bars like a prisoned punta.

N Fuck Forever if you don't mind,

Its all one n the same n my eyes R not blind.

My ears are bleeding sound like the creep I am,

A man in a can, imprisoned roasting like ham.

But I'm so happy coz today I've finally found my friends,

They're in my head so I'm on a path 2 a lithium end. 

I just playback the sounds that always deliver me,

A quiet sense of meaning in a world that will never be.

A place I can truly share my feelings,

So I'm just a sucker 4 drips of sound 2 give me some meaning. 


© 2022 All Rights Reserved Robert Reid, Nirvana, Babyshambles, Verve and others..

No comments:

Post a Comment