Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Sunday 12 September 2021

The Fall Of Kabul

The fall of Kabul, was not as mighty as my fall.

3am head bashing the sink, didn't know, skull was on show.

Woke up on the bathroom floor, not too unusual though.

Til I got to the docs, n the nurses all crowed.

Ambulance trip to Hoz, n apparently another collapse.

Wake up to find 2 Dox, putting stitches in my bonce n laughed.

Got green bruised chest, n cuts on my neck n calves.

N then a trippy freak out op, up in hospital lofts n rafts.

Walked past a doc smoking, said he'd be cutting me up.

Walk into a loft like room, with not a sink or a cup.

Tripping my tits off, on multi meds n fucked.

To see 20 ppl all smiling at me, n some wishing me luck.

Lines in my neck, n about 40 new pin holes.

Lines n tubes, coming out of orifices painful to use.

Bin bags in my thighs, with chunks cut off like abuse.

N I got no idea, if my leg will be of any future use.

Then I was in a wonder world, of Frimley Park unseen.

I swear my op was done in a bat attic, by a top Doc A team.

Was in the ICU, Emergency D, n rooms I've never seen.

Spent 4 days in a basement, full on ACID beam.

Swear they were experimenting with me, mixing up my meds.

Taking me off benzos, then fucking with my head.

Clonidine makes a minute, seem like an hour brain shred.

All the time your stuck lying, flat in your bed.

Finally get on a ward, with ppl ok to be.

But half of them, only got a leg cut from the knee.

If I'm losing a peg, it will be from the thigh. 

N even been told it might b 2 late, n I still might even die.

But I ain't got the time to worry, sob be sad n cry.

I got a list of ppl to take out, b4 I can say goodbye.


© 2021 Leg Skrew on Skrew off - Rob Reid

1 comment:

  1. Take them out matey, one by one, love the dog shit on a blade is a chemical weapon to me line - awesome!

    ReplyDelete