Top Poem Categories

Search The Skrewballed Website

What is a SKREWBALL POEM?

A "Skrewball poem" , or in short "a Skrew" , is a poem with short lines and multiple rhyming or repeated words, often wi...

Wednesday 13 July 2022

Drips....

Drip drop drip drop,

Watching IV fluid non-stop.

30 min bag so they say,

But I've been counting drops half the day.

Celestines on another mental rant,

Too young 2 b sectioned so a Bible chant.

She thinks she's been saved by a religious man,

Running around pulling plugs out coz she can. 

Reciting Genesis word from word, 

I point 2 fingers at her eyes n tell her it's absurd. 

An ancient Sumerian creation myth was passed down. 

From land to empire a trick the Romans turned around.

She's skinny as fuck but been put on Olanzapine, 

I don't think she realises what a real mean teen really means.

She got on my tits when the shower was off, 

I gave her the evil eye n told her off. 

Just u wait til ur in a locked padded room with 3 other loons,

You'll be doing the Largactil shuffle pretty soon. 

I'm on a locked ward in 30 degree heat, 

The stench of death leaks from legs like rotting meat. 

I kicked off before n ill kick off again, 

They just go lardy da thinking I'm insane. 

This is a mental ward with very disturbed patients, 

I count myself as one when I lose my patience. 

"Don't worry Rob" they lie to my face, 

As doctors hide, I run n chase

"Honestly, your benzos r coming very soon," 

Saying that all day n night all 2 the same very tune. 

If u don't come equipped ur going to rattle,

Every muggy day locked up is a daily battle. 

I seemed 2 hv got a monthly rotation at this HMP,

I see nurses n dox that I know, looking scared wen they jus see me. 

I think I've got to that stage of my life,

My mental n physical health is gone I'm on the dive.

So I count these drips from the bag as they drip n drop,

N plug my earphones in 2 block the rot.


© 2022 All Rights Reserved Robert Reid

1 comment:

  1. You paint such a picture of life in your second home. Another good SKR3W!

    ReplyDelete